Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
provie98
Contributor II
Contributor II

This should be simple--chart question

This should be simple to solve.  I have a Market (dimension) and $ amounts for each month of the year (Jan_Amt, Feb, Amt, March Amt, etc).  I want to create a chart to show if I'm not clicked on a market, it will total all the market values together for each of the months.  I know this should be simple but it's not working for me.  I have Market as the dimension, and the $ amounts as expressions in my chart.   Anyone know what I have to select to make this happen?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Remove the dimension Market from your chart. Then it will show the total of all markets if no market is selected and the total of the selected markets if you select some markets.

Or use a calculated dimension like: =if(GetSelectedCount(Market),Market, 'All')

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable

Add Month as a dimensions and in expression use =Sum(amount)

Thank you

Vardhan

provie98
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I don't have a month as an dimension.   I have an fields for the following:  Market, Jan_Bal, Feb_Bal, Mar_Bal, Apri, Bal, etc. 

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I don't understand the question really. But if you want a total column that shows the sum of the values of your expressions try adding another expression using the rangesum function:

rangesum(Jan_Amt, Feb_Amt, ...etc... , Dec_Amt)

provie98
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I have a list box with the Market in it.  I have a bar chart that I have Market as dimension.  For the expressions I have a Jan_Bal, Feb_Bal, Mar_Bal.  I want the chart to total all the Balances for ALL the markets together for each of the month's balances if I do not have a Market selected in the List box.  The question is how do I do that?  Make Sense?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Remove the dimension Market from your chart. Then it will show the total of all markets if no market is selected and the total of the selected markets if you select some markets.

Or use a calculated dimension like: =if(GetSelectedCount(Market),Market, 'All')

provie98
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

OMG!  I was making this so much harder than it was.  Duh!  I literally had a brain moment (embarrassed).  I thought you had to have a dimension in the chart for it to work.  I was doing a calculated Dimension to try to get it work like this:

If(GetSelectedCount(MARKET)>0, MARKET, 'Total')

So yeah, I was definitely making it harder than it had to be.  Airhead moment!  Thanks for your help.