Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Does SAP Connector use SAP's new "BIC S" method?

Hello

we currently are running QlikView over SAP BW data.  We are extracting data using both methods:

1. directly from BW tables using the SAP Connector.

2. from BW Query using OLAP connector.

THe second method is very convenient as you only need to develop a Query in BEx and then extract the result set into BW.  However, since this method uses the "MDX" interface technology, we are limited in terms of data volume.  For large result sets, we can't use the OLAP method and instead must use the Method #1 above.

I now understand that SAP have developed a new interface method to overcome the limitations with MDX.  THe new method is called BICS.

Does anyone know if QlikTech are going to enhance the SAP Connector to be able to access BW data using this new BICS method?

4 Replies
suniljain
Master
Master

Hi Sharpada,

Now a day qlikview connector is not able to access BW datausing BICS method.

Not applicable
Author

I understand that today, it is not possible.

Does anyone know if this is going to be coming soon?  Can someone from QlikTech offer any comments on this?

Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Hi

The SAP BICS protocol does not have an open API for 3rd party vendors to code against so currently we cannot utilise this for a connector

Regards

Ian

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Ian for the quick resposne.

This is very disappointing.  Are you (QlikTech) lobbying SAP for such access to the API?

The following article provides some good comments on this whole question:

http://www.bluefinsolutions.com/insights/blog/is_sap_deliberately_locking_out_competitors_with_bi4/

I look forward to (hopefully) hearing some more good news of this.

Cheers.

Adam