cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shannoypaul
Creator
Creator

How to Extract Data from SFDC

Kindly suggest the best practices/ Pre-requisites to extract data from SFDC using Qlikview 11.

TIA,

Shannoy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Shannoy,

You can find the basics about how to extract data in this document QlikView Connector for Salesforce.com Installation and Usage Guide. If you want to get more in depth about SFDC api you can check this document Bulk API Developer Guide.

In my very limited experience, I've found really difficult to extract big datasets from tables such as case history, because when you're querying too much data, you wait for long periods of time and just get part of the data. To avoid this, I have set a larger batchsize and limit the the query.

Regards,

-- Karla

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Shannoy,

You can find the basics about how to extract data in this document QlikView Connector for Salesforce.com Installation and Usage Guide. If you want to get more in depth about SFDC api you can check this document Bulk API Developer Guide.

In my very limited experience, I've found really difficult to extract big datasets from tables such as case history, because when you're querying too much data, you wait for long periods of time and just get part of the data. To avoid this, I have set a larger batchsize and limit the the query.

Regards,

-- Karla

Colin-Albert

There is a connector to load data from SalesForce into QlikView.

SalesForce Connector

shannoypaul
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Karla,

While connecting to SFDC I see there are 2 options Bulk API and SOAP API.

What difference would it make when we use either of them.

avinashelite

First you need to install the Sales force connector.... then go to edit script ..database ...in the list you will see the salesforce.dll file > click on it > and enter the details and test the connection

Hope this helps you

HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Hi,

look into this,

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-3730

Re: Extracting data from Salesforce

-Hirish

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Shannoy,

From the Salesforce documentation:

Bulk API is based on REST principles and is optimized for loading or deleting large sets of data. You can use it to query, insert, update, upsert, or delete many records asynchronously by submitting batches. Salesforce processes batches in the background.

SOAP API, in contrast, is optimized for real-time client applications that update a few records at a time. SOAP API can be used for processing many records, but when the data sets contain hundreds of thousands of records, SOAP API is less practical.Bulk API is designed to make it simple to process data from a few thousand to millions of records.

So far, I only have used Bulk API.

Hope it helps.

-- Karla

Dianah
Contributor
Contributor

Export Data
Open the Data Loader.
Click Export.
Enter your Salesforce username and password, and click Log in.
When you're logged in, click Next. 
Choose an object.
Select the CSV file to export the data to.
Click Next.
Create a SOQL query for the data export.

Regards,

Will