Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bluenight
Contributor
Contributor

Play button not working in production QlikView QMC

Has anyone experienced a situation where they were unable to run jobs off the QMC yet all services were showing running normally?  I would hit the play button then about 5-10 seconds later it would kick back on not run the task.  However once i reset the QDS, QMS the job I had earlier attempted to play would run.

Can you provide fix, and root cause if it's isolated to something specific?

Thank you,

Bluenight

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@Bluenight 

Can you tell us what version you are using?

Below is a link to an article that have some causes and resolutions for this issue.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/QlikView-Tasks-and-reloads-do-not-trigger-are-queued-or-give...

View solution in original post

6 Replies
BrunPierre
Master
Master

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@Bluenight 

Can you tell us what version you are using?

Below is a link to an article that have some causes and resolutions for this issue.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/QlikView-Tasks-and-reloads-do-not-trigger-are-queued-or-give...

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Bluenight,

Your description to me sounds like the QMS and QDS are having communication issues and lost synchronization. What type of QlikView Server environment are you running - QDS cluster? QMS running on a separate server than QDS?

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Bluenight,
Can you provide an update?

Best Regards

Bluenight
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Chip,

It was very strange we could not hit the play button so I had to stop/start the Qlik Service Dispatcher, QDS, QMS.

After the various services were back online, all the jobs I had attempted to kick off earlier would start.  However the QMC would still not respond to any new start requests.  We repeated the stop/start process multiple times and then it just all of a sudden started working again.  We still don't know the root cause.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Bluenight,

What type of QlikView Server environment are you running - QDS cluster? QMS running on a separate server than QDS?

Best Regards