Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV version 9, new install not accepting a sql db repository

Hi,

I've just installed QV9 SR 6 with no issue. By default it uses an XML repository. I typed in the Server and Ent. Publisher license keys and everyting lit up. I saw 6 green light status on the main screen of the Management Console. Then I flipped over to the QEMC and changed the repository from XML to a sql server db. Again, no issue. The new db was created and I restarted services just to be safe.

Now I only see one green light (the Command Center) in QMC and anytime I type in anything in the Publisher Settings tab, my settings don't stick. I have a feeling the settings are not writing to the database for some reason. I even made the sql account system administrator for the time being to eliminate any possiblity with it being a permission thing.

I'm not doing an upgrade from 8.x just a plain vanilla v9 installation using a sql db repository by following the reference manual.

Any help is apprecaited, thanks in advance.

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I discovered my problem. When you first do the install, it's an XML repository. I hadn't checked ON the Migrate data from current repository option. Once I did this, I was fine.

hope this helps someone....