Skip to main content
Announcements
Document boards are being consolidated, this board no longer allows NEW documents READ MORE

dropdown menu extension

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

dropdown menu extension

Attachments

When you are using many tab sheets within QlikView your application can easily become unclear and very full. Using standard tab sheets it is not possible to build a hierarchy in your menu.

I have built a dropdown menu extension that allows you to build a hierarchy within your menu and manage multiple tab sheets in a structured way. The menu is easy to install and use, you can configure it from within your QlikView application.

dropdownMenu.png

You can find documentation, a sample qvw file and the extension itself at the following location:

petra-bloem/dropdownMenu · GitHub

Comments
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Hello,

I am getting error, When i am trying to click on dropdownmenu

0 Likes
Not applicable

How can I change where the drop downs appear, ie instead of centered i want them on the left?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, it is amazing menu.

Is it possible to reload the menu each time we clic on it?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks!

Quick question:

I have re-positioned the navigation bar from the top to somewhere in the middle. Unfortunately the top (where the navbar used to sit) is leaving a footprint of the old nav bar.

what should I change in the script to avoid this?

see below for the css

https://codepen.io/anon/pen/wdXvdg?editors=0100#0

0 Likes
boulders
Partner - Explorer II
Partner - Explorer II

Hi All, Ive been using this extension for a while and really like it, I have noticed that the latest version of chrome seems to have broken it and the menu does not appear.  The version is 61.0.3163.91.  I rolled back to version 60.0.3112.78 which fixed it, does not has anybody else had this issue and figured out how to fix it?  I find the experience in IE is not as good as chrome.

Thanks

wagnepat
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

thank you Petra for the nice tool. I have two questions and I would be pleased to get some advice from you guys:

1) How is it possible to show on which tab the user is? At the moment in my application I click on any link and cannot see where I am (except I know it). Any chance to show to tab clicked?

2) Is it possible to hide tabs (Visible in desktop version, not visible in web)?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Patrick

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Patrick,

I have the same problem. Have you found any alternative to use ?

Thanks!

Juliano Haslinger

0 Likes
boulders
Partner - Explorer II
Partner - Explorer II

Can anybody confirm if this is also broekn for them, or are people using a new dropdown menu system that maybe i should try?

Thanks!

0 Likes
wagnepat
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Juliano,

no, I have not found any alternative yet.

Regards, Patrick

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi All,

This is broken for us too. It seems to error out on following line:

tabelem.setAttribute("id", tabdata.name.replace("\\", "_"));

And the error I am getting is: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'setAttribute' of undefined

The same line runs OK on chrome v60.

Tried to change the code to the following but it didn't work:

tabelem.id = tabdata.name.replace("\\", "_"));

Seems like something on v61 doesn't like setattribute because the properties of that object (tabelem) is same on both versions.

I don't know if Petra reads these posts but I guess she or anyone with a better JavaScript knowledge thann me can solve it easily.

Regards

Necip

0 Likes
Version history
Last update:
‎2014-02-26 01:26 PM
Updated by: