Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avastani
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

How to embed QlikView into other CRM applications?

I have heard a lot about using iFrame in javaScript to make it happen. An example would be most helpful

my problem is unique in that the user would like to commnicate information from third party tool to QV which is doable in the URL, but also would like to communicate from QV back to the third party tool which is the kicker. I am trying to avoid Macro calls and QlikOCX. Is this possible via iFrame?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

If your third party tool has a API that you can communicate with then sure.

Typically CRM-systems such as MS Dynamics and SFDC lets you integrate through their Javascript APIs or REST-services.

The issue you will run into is authentication. You will need to authenticate your users against your third party tool and since you are running client side extension code you probably have to built your own server side module or have the users log in manually.

A typical use case would be to segment out customers in QlikView and then allow the user to export those customers back into the CRM-system to a list/campaign/event/whatever. @Stefan Walther wrote a blog post a while back with a generic extension that uses a web service as a middle-man, a good starting point to build something on your own.

http://www.qlikblog.at/1798/posting-data-from-qlikview-to-other-systems-using-the-ajax-client-and-ex...

If your users are okey with a more manual approach you can still write a simple server side export macro that exports a list that's formatted for a one click import into your CRM-system.

It sounds a little bit 90ies but I tend to favor such an approach as I get a final check of the data before I import it into my CRM-system allowing me to remove for example customers I know I should not invite to a certain event.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Hey,

Check out this blogpost for more information: http://www.qlikblog.at/2343/qliktip-48-qlikview-mashup-examples-documentation/

avastani
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Alexander,

my problem is unique in that the user would like to commnicate information from third party tool to QV which is doable in the URL, but also would like to communicate from QV back to the third party tool which is the kicker. I am trying to avoid Macro calls and QlikOCX. Is this possible via iFrame?

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

If your third party tool has a API that you can communicate with then sure.

Typically CRM-systems such as MS Dynamics and SFDC lets you integrate through their Javascript APIs or REST-services.

The issue you will run into is authentication. You will need to authenticate your users against your third party tool and since you are running client side extension code you probably have to built your own server side module or have the users log in manually.

A typical use case would be to segment out customers in QlikView and then allow the user to export those customers back into the CRM-system to a list/campaign/event/whatever. @Stefan Walther wrote a blog post a while back with a generic extension that uses a web service as a middle-man, a good starting point to build something on your own.

http://www.qlikblog.at/1798/posting-data-from-qlikview-to-other-systems-using-the-ajax-client-and-ex...

If your users are okey with a more manual approach you can still write a simple server side export macro that exports a list that's formatted for a one click import into your CRM-system.

It sounds a little bit 90ies but I tend to favor such an approach as I get a final check of the data before I import it into my CRM-system allowing me to remove for example customers I know I should not invite to a certain event.

avastani
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Alexander,

I think the QV Extension idea by Stefan is really great. Just don’t know if it will work with QlikOCX. The third party tool is a .NET program so capability to embed ajax client is questionable. May be it is possible using iFrame instead. Will try it out.

Thanks.