Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

New QlikView Mapping Extensions on QlikMarket

EDIT: These extensions are no longer maintained on QlikMarket since that is not an appropriate place for free and unsupported extensions.  I've modified the links below to point to the github repositories where I now keep them.  Also, since they're now hosted on github, feel free to make contributions to the code.

Hi everyone,

The demand for mapping in QlikView seems to be a hot topic these days, so I’ve put together two extensions that are now available on QlikMarket bearing the QlikView name.

The first one is an extension which uses SVG images to connect to the data and color and shade the regions in that image:

brianwmunz/svgReader-QV11 · GitHub

Similar to this map of US Counties:

svg.png

There’s no geospatial connection here (long/lat points can’t be plotted, etc.), but it should prove useful for a lot of simple needs and uses for visualization of a geographical entity.  It comes prepackaged with 35 or so maps of countries, etc. and also offers the ability to load in your own custom SVGs for things like floor plans, seating charts, etc.

The second extension is a simple geospatial mapping extension similar to the Google Maps and various other extensions you might have seen in community:

brianwmunz/QuickMap-QV11 · GitHub

This extension simply takes geographic data (longitude/latitude points) from QlikView and draws it over a map.  It supports the drawing of dots, lines, or polygon shapes.  For example:

gis.png

This doesn’t offer near the capabilities of a server based geospatial mapping solution like ESRI, GeoQlik, Idevio, etc. simply because it’s not server side, but it should be helpful for less heavy and complex mapping needs.

Anyway, I hear a lot about need for mapping so I thought I’d let everyone know.

154 Replies
Julie_Main
Employee
Employee

Yup, for the SVG map - I'm on IE10 now .. I'll try moving back down to the IE9 and seeing if that is the problem - the image just doesn't display ..

Not applicable

Thank you Ralf,

Actually, there are many wrong hard coded references in Script.js. I made the corrections, so I haven't got any more error message, but nothing shows...whatever map I choose.

-- Gilles

rbecher
MVP
MVP

As I already mentioned above it is not working with the local client (QlikView Desktop) but with Ajax client (QliKView Server). Have you tried it with a server?

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Julie_Main
Employee
Employee

I've got exactly the same as Ralf - Ralf which versions of this are you on?

Julie_Main
Employee
Employee

Brian,

What versions of 11 are you on?  I'm still no further closer to getting this resolved and have a SiB on Monday where I need to show our mapping capabilities .. it's currently going to be very short presentation, or I might have to roll back to another version of QV ..

rbecher
MVP
MVP

QV 11.2 SR2, SVG Extension 1.03 from http://market.qlik.com/qlikview-svg-map.html

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Julie_Main
Employee
Employee

Same versions as me .. so you believe the local call isn't working - Brian?

rbecher
MVP
MVP

The $.ajax call cannot work locally..

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee
Author

YOu rolled back to IE9 and it's still not working?

Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee
Author

In IE10 right?