Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChristofSchwarz
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

URL Composer = compute an Access-Point link and pass selection values, open sheets etc.

You may be aware, that you can pass additional query strings when opening a QlikView app from the AccessPoint in order to pass field selections or bookmarks, to open a desired Worksheet or just one object instead of the entire app.

something like

http://server/QvAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=app.qvw&select=LB01,2013&sheet=SH02

There is good documentation around, for example by Stefan Walther here QlikView Mashups - Simple Document Integration

However, getting the syntax right can be quite challenging.

This little tool will help you compute the proper URL in a simple manner, as at the end you just make selections and the tool will compute the corresponding url and all querystrings automatically.

• Download the attached QVW
  • Copy all its objects to a new sheet in your app (in that app, which you like to create the url for)
  • Copy some lines of source code from the top text object into the load script of that app
  • Reload that app.
  • Now you just make the selections in the frontend as usual and return to the new sheet.
  • Select, which of your selection you will like to add to the url
  • Optionally make some more settings (bookmarks, target sheet, single object ...)
  • You can see, copy, and click the complete URL at the bottom of the sheet

If you want to see a how-to.use videos check this:

• Tutorial Video (Flash Video), attached
  • Behind the curtains (Flash Video), attached

New Version v1.12 (24-Oct-13) is using the syntax select=LBxx,(value1|value2|valueN) instead of select=LBxx,value1,value2,valueN ... this simply works better and allows to pass wildcards, too 😉

Hint:

• Create a new bookmark with no selections at all. Use this bookmark together with the selections in the URL. This will force the app to first clear all selections (via the bookmark) and then to add the passed selections. Otherwise the passed selections come on top of the current selections (last saved selections or the user selections made during the current session)
20 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's awsome.

Really hats of man.

cheburashka
Creator III
Creator III

Great post and app

Though I recommend to tag your post. It took me a while before I bumped on this post.

,KR Koen

martyginqo
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Thank-you for the creative work. We have used this and other solutions that you've provided.

We're hitting a little snag in that this spawns a new browser tab...and if we stay within the same document, then the two documents eventually conflict. Is there a way to force the resultant hyperlink to stay in the same window. I'd like to author my own HTML to solve, but currently resigned to <url> methodology.

<update>This is now more a curiosity, as we're using triggers to solve the use case.

Thanks again.

ChristofSchwarz
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Hi. There is a Document Extension which will redirect ALL hyperlinks inside of a QlikView app to "_self", so to the same browser tab, not opening a new one each time. I am afraid, this is then global for the whole app, not depending on some URLs to stay in the same window, some to open in another tab ...The extension is called "OnlySelf" and consists of only 2 files which are in the .ZIP. Unpack those into this folder

C:\Users\<youruser>\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Document\OnlySelf

(Create necessary folders if they do not yet exist. if this is your first Extension, the entire Extension subfolder tree will not be present).

Not applicable

hi, This is fantastic.

However,  Im trying to get the equivalent to work using IE plug in.  Is there a solution for this?

Many thanks,

Tom

ChristofSchwarz
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

With IE Plug-In those URLs would not work. Are you trying to achieve QlikView App chaining (link from one app to the other) or to jump from anywhere in your intranet to the QlikView Accesspoint and set fields, bookmarks, sheets just like with the Ajax-client?

Not applicable

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I'm trying to go from one app to another.  Both apps are in accesspoint and I need to pass document selections from the first app to the second - with the IE plug in rather than using AJAX.

ChristofSchwarz
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Are those apps in a similar structure? you then may use an action (in a button or textbox) called "Open QlikView Document" with the setting "Transfer State"

Not applicable

hi they are in a similar structure ( they are both test apps and therefore copies of each other)