Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Susan_DS
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Audit Qlik Sense App Actions

Hello, all,

We're running QSEoW with multiple developers and have encountered a situation where developer 1 creates and publishes a Qlik Sense app. Developer 2, without notifying developer 1, duplicates developer 1's app, modifies content, and republishes the app. Developer 2 also makes sure developer 1 remains the owner of the app.

Questions:

1. How can we audit or track the developer actions to see a) who made the changes, b) when the changes were made, c) what changes were made to developer 1's app by developer 2?
  2. Is there a way to alert an app owner that their app has been duplicated, modified and re-published?
  3. Is there a way to "lock" an app so that only the original owner can duplicate, modify and re-publish?

Thanks.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Please find my answers:

1. How can we audit or track the developer actions to see a) who made the changes, b) when the changes were made, c) what changes were made to developer 1's app by developer 2? You can find this information in Operations monitor app under Monitoring Apps stream. Sheet name is Logs Details.
  2. Is there a way to alert an app owner that their app has been duplicated, modified and re-published? I don't think so this feature is available 
  3. Is there a way to "lock" an app so that only the original owner can duplicate, modify and re-publish? Here you have to deal with security rules. See in Qlik, no hard rules are there, you can modify security rules anyhow but I suggest avoid changing security rules after a limit. What I suggest, your team should use better way of communication than dealing with Qlik securities

Regards,

Rohit

View solution in original post

1 Reply
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Please find my answers:

1. How can we audit or track the developer actions to see a) who made the changes, b) when the changes were made, c) what changes were made to developer 1's app by developer 2? You can find this information in Operations monitor app under Monitoring Apps stream. Sheet name is Logs Details.
  2. Is there a way to alert an app owner that their app has been duplicated, modified and re-published? I don't think so this feature is available 
  3. Is there a way to "lock" an app so that only the original owner can duplicate, modify and re-publish? Here you have to deal with security rules. See in Qlik, no hard rules are there, you can modify security rules anyhow but I suggest avoid changing security rules after a limit. What I suggest, your team should use better way of communication than dealing with Qlik securities

Regards,

Rohit