Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stinton52
Contributor
Contributor

Data reduction with section access without removing related data

Hello everyone.

I have an app with complex data reduction requirements. One of the requests is that for some users, we want to hide data using row level security (so they can see only certain values) which works fine, the problem is that this also removes the related data in other tables.

Is there any way to have data reduction on one field only, without it affecting any other data in the app? Or remove the rows just from one table without removing the related data to these rows? Thanks a lot in advanced.

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

The only way I'm aware of to achieve this is to redesign your data model so there's no connection between the tables in question.

Depending on what exactly you're trying to prevent access to, you may be able to use OMIT instead of field-based Section Access reduction to achieve a similar result to what you described. This would leave the row in but remove the column(s) that are problematic.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Or
MVP
MVP

The only way I'm aware of to achieve this is to redesign your data model so there's no connection between the tables in question.

Depending on what exactly you're trying to prevent access to, you may be able to use OMIT instead of field-based Section Access reduction to achieve a similar result to what you described. This would leave the row in but remove the column(s) that are problematic.