Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wcilliers
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Disable Export to Excel - Qlik Sense SaaS

Hi All,

I am seeking some guidance on how to disable content downloading, specifically to Excel from an app. Can be either a table or a chart.

Thanks,

Wynand

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Andrea_Spinetti
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi @wcilliers, thank you for the post! Unfortunately, it's not possible at the moment to set a security rule like that. In any case, what are you asking for is part of our road map for custom roles 😊

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Andrea_Spinetti
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi @wcilliers, thank you for the post! Unfortunately, it's not possible at the moment to set a security rule like that. In any case, what are you asking for is part of our road map for custom roles 😊

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
ladybyrd2011
Contributor
Contributor

Is there an estimated date on when these custom roles will be available to limit the ability export?  For obvious security reasons, we cannot launch SaaS and shut down our on prem instance until this is available.

guruprem
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

@Andrea_Spinetti and R&D team

Please consider this

HipolitoGarcia
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Is there an estimate on when the Custom Roles functionality will be published to Qlik Sense SaaS?

Is there any way to limit context menu access from a Data Load Editor script?

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Just adding a +1 to this feature suggestion.

Being able to restrict download is going to be essential for a large number of use cases.

Steve

cc: @Michael_Tarallo 

wkasinak
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

+1   I need this functionality.  It's preventing our migration to Qlik SaaS.  

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @wkasinak 

Recently a new option appeared in one of my tenants, when you allocate users to streams there is a Restricted View option as well as View. I believe that this prevents export.

I've not had a chance to test it fully, but this may be the functionality that you have been waiting for.

The client I wanted it for four weeks ago has since changed their mind, so I don't need to restrict downloads for them.

Hope that is useful.

Steve

wkasinak
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Thanks @stevedark!  I will try this out!  

Gerhard
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,

I tested this and it's not quite what I expected. Yes it prevents the user from downloading data to Excel but the user can still download data as an image or PDF. It also prevents the user from story telling which I find odd.