Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
박민주
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

How to Qlik Sense security

I am wondering about Qlik Sense security.

1. When I installed Qlik Sense, I installed it using the Windows administrator account.
This account can access QMC and HUB.
However, I don't want to manage Qlik Sense with this account.

Is there a way to prevent the admin account I was installing from accessing QMC, HUB?

2. Is there any way that other users can't see the script I made?

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

No, you don't need Section Access to manage this. Section access is a security layer used on applications to decide which data that is to be shown to which user.

Make sure that you have a Qlik  root admin account. Using that admin account you can  enter QMC and remove any admin role (like 'RootAdmim') that the service account user have and adjust any custom security rules that you made giving the service account additional authority in the Qlik Sense environment. 

You should however be careful of revoking Windows admin rights to the user. It is possible to some limitations,  but then read up on the instructions found in the installation documentation. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
anat
Master
Master

박민주
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Thank you for your help.

You meaning... to manage the account installed by QMC and the account of QlikSense Admin separately, right?
So I don't need to use it as 'Section Access'?

Vegar
MVP
MVP

No, you don't need Section Access to manage this. Section access is a security layer used on applications to decide which data that is to be shown to which user.

Make sure that you have a Qlik  root admin account. Using that admin account you can  enter QMC and remove any admin role (like 'RootAdmim') that the service account user have and adjust any custom security rules that you made giving the service account additional authority in the Qlik Sense environment. 

You should however be careful of revoking Windows admin rights to the user. It is possible to some limitations,  but then read up on the instructions found in the installation documentation.