Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kellerassel
Contributor III
Contributor III

Operations Monitor: "Sheet Usage" and "Apps" sheets only show data for apps in "Everyone"-Stream

The Operations Monitor in our Qlik Sense Enterprise Installation only shows data for apps in the default "Everyone"-Stream on sheets "Sheet Usage" and "Apps". Apps in other streams lack data such as owner, file size, last reload date and their stream is either "Deleted Apps" or NULL which leads to them being filtered out in the visualizations.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-09-22 um 10.38.28.png

First I thought it's because the owner of "Everyone" stream is the "sa_repository" user and I am the owner of the other streams, so I changed that and reloaded the Operations Monitor but the other apps still don't show up.

Does anybody have an idea why that is and how I can make all apps from all streams appear in sheet "Sheet Usage" and "Apps" in Operations Monitor?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
3 Replies
Alan_Slaughter
Support
Support

Hi Kellerassel, make sure your user assigned to your restconnections is a rootadmin. Please review the following for assistance. 

https://adminplaybook.qlik-poc.com/docs/tooling/operations_monitor.html

Kellerassel
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Alan_Slaughter, thanks a lot for your answer.

There are 12 REST connections, each has an owner and a User ID.
The owner is always INTERNAL\sa_repository. I  gave it RootAdmin role, but that didn't change anything.
The User ID is QlikAdmin, which is a local service user on the server (Single Node) where QS is running. This one is not in our LDAP, doesn't show up in our "Users" list and I can't make him RootAdmin.

But I wonder if that can be the cause, since I'm not running into an error. The data is just incomplete. I think it has something to do with the logging. 

I've been looking into the app more closely and the Apps are there, they are just being filtered out because they lack data like an owner, file size, "published" date, "last reload" date and so on. Therefore I also edited the question a little.

In the App_Stream table there are exactly three distinct entries for Stream: "Everyone", "Deleted App" and NULL. And this data is retrieved from connection monitor_apps_REST_app.

So something is not right with the logging. Anything I can do there?