Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aswathylal
Contributor
Contributor

SMB signing in the host's configuration and impacts

Hi All,

we would like to implement SMB signing in the host's windows configuration. Will this impact the user logins. Any leads to know more about this?

Labels (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Albert_Candelario

Hello @Aswathylal ,

Thanks for posting.

I would recommend you test such configuration on a Test environment. I recall a documentation from Microsoft explaining this option might lead to performance issues, see below:
Reduced performance after SMB Encryption or SMB Signing is enabled - Windows Server | Microsoft Lear...

Kindly remember Qlik Sense client-managed needs a fast disk to work properly:

"Qlik recommends a maximum latency of 4ms between Qlik Sense servers and any file shares. 10Gbit networking is recommended, considering many parallel file read/write operations can be requested from multiple file share clients (Qlik Sense servers)."

Qlik Sense Share Storage options and requirements - Qlik Community - 1713857

So,  I would strongly suggest to test this properly before pushing such changes into a productive environment.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

View solution in original post

Albert_Candelario

Hello,

Unfortunately I could not find anything relevant, mainly because this is a OS change and not on the Qlik product itself.

Still, we would be very keen to know how your tests go on the Sandbox/Dev environment and do not hesitate to share it with us here.

looking forward for your updates.

Cheers,

Albert

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Albert_Candelario

Hello @Aswathylal ,

Thanks for posting.

I would recommend you test such configuration on a Test environment. I recall a documentation from Microsoft explaining this option might lead to performance issues, see below:
Reduced performance after SMB Encryption or SMB Signing is enabled - Windows Server | Microsoft Lear...

Kindly remember Qlik Sense client-managed needs a fast disk to work properly:

"Qlik recommends a maximum latency of 4ms between Qlik Sense servers and any file shares. 10Gbit networking is recommended, considering many parallel file read/write operations can be requested from multiple file share clients (Qlik Sense servers)."

Qlik Sense Share Storage options and requirements - Qlik Community - 1713857

So,  I would strongly suggest to test this properly before pushing such changes into a productive environment.

Cheers,

Albert

Aswathylal
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello @Albert_Candelario ,

Thanks for response. We are using Qlikview 12.50 . Is there any leads to know more on the impact of  SMB change in Qlikview?

Regards,

Aswathy

Albert_Candelario

Hello @Aswathylal ,

I'll have a look and I also assume it might depend on the specific settings used.

My recommendation would indeed be doing a proper testing on a Sandbox to ensure QlikView works properly in terms of performance as per the MS documentation article as well as the rest of the functionalities.

Cheers,

Albert

Albert_Candelario

Hello,

Unfortunately I could not find anything relevant, mainly because this is a OS change and not on the Qlik product itself.

Still, we would be very keen to know how your tests go on the Sandbox/Dev environment and do not hesitate to share it with us here.

looking forward for your updates.

Cheers,

Albert