Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klekovkinda
Partner - Contributor III

QMC read only QMC role.

I'm creating a user role who is able only to see the QMC configuration and may be trigger reload tasks. 
So the security rule looks like on a screenshot in attachment.
condition is like that:
((user.roles="QMCViewer" and resource.resourceType!="App.Object") or (user.roles="QMCViewer" and resource.resourceType="App.Object" and resource.approved="true"))
I see that user with the role QMCViewer can read in QMC whatever I need.

But At the same time when user is in the task section, the button reload task is available to push. 
When user  push it  he has the error. I'm sure it should reload the task or do not show this button to the user.
May be I have missed some rules or permissions. But looks like a bug.

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Users cannot reload an app unless they have Update permissions on that app. This is the same issue you're describing in your previous thread https://community.qlik.com/t5/Deployment-Management/Security-rule-to-see-the-qmc-configuration-and-h... and the same information applies.

klekovkinda
Author

Ok In that case I'm wandering how to mute the reload button?

Or
MVP
MVP

I don't know if you actually can. I would have never considered giving just viewing access to the QMC tasks screen so no idea what rule might do this. If you're just trying to let people view the task status (or possibly download logs), why not let them do this in the hub?

klekovkinda
Author

In My case I have a QLIK host. Where only admins have an access with create read update delete right. All the task and application creation is automated. All the configuration such as virtual proxy, data connections, etc are partly automated. So we need to ask administration team to do this. But if something is not working we need somehow to trouble-shut it, for that reason we would like to have a read only access to qmc. No access to the hub. This user also has no right to update the application (change the name update the custom properties etc). But would be nice to have an ability to trigger the task to reload. For a while is we need asap trigger a task on production we have to ask again administration team. But that's more about the data, not administration.

Or
MVP
MVP

I see. I can't help you with graying out the reload button since I have no idea if that's possible or how to achieve it. Since the button won't actually reload any apps without update permissions, leaving it clickable doesn't seem like it would be particularly harmful, though.