Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kayleigh_Milewski
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Cloud New User Login - No App Visibility

We are using AD synchronized OKTA groups which are assigned to managed spaces in Qlik Cloud in order to provision users to those spaces. 

The configuration is working as expected except for the fact that when new users log on for the first time, they are not able to see any of the apps they have access to. They have to log out of Qlik Sense & OKTA, wait several minutes, and upon logging in again they are able to see their apps. 

Creation of groups is turned on:

Kayleigh_Milewski_0-1659380715155.png

And everything appears to be configured correctly as the group claims are being mapped. 

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Albert_Candelario

Hello,

I have seen some enhancements have been pushed to Qlik Cloud, could you check and let us know if this has improved, so no need to logout and login, just by refreshing the browser the apps should now be visible.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Albert_Candelario

Hello,

Thanks for posting.

Reading your description I would say this is link to an investigation we conducting referenced with QB-11194.

As of now, some minutes are needed for the groups of the users to be fully sync and working as expected.

If more information would be needed in the near further either check our release notes of the Qlik Cloud or contact support directly using our Chat, the blue bubble at the bottom right corner of every Support Page.

Cheers,

Albert

Kayleigh_Milewski
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Albert, 

Thanks for the response. Could you provide more information on QB-11194? 

I attempted chatting through the support page but received this error:

Kayleigh_Milewski_0-1659444126405.png

I am also unable to find anything on this in the community forum, release notes, or anywhere on the support page.

Could you elaborate on "As of now, some minutes are needed for the groups of the users to be fully sync and working as expected." ?

Thanks for your help!

Albert_Candelario

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

You could try again to contact our engineers via the Live Chat, seems at the moment all of them were occupied, so you could have tried after a couple of minutes 🙂

This investigation ID is still not mentioned on the Release notes as it still open, once it will be closed it will be added on the corresponding release notes.

As per the details I have seen the delay on the groups was resolved although the team is working on more enhancements, 'cos seems it is needed that the users logout and login to be visible for the user. So, the delay should be only related to published apps which is still in progress.

I hope this adds clarification.

Cheers,

Albert  

Albert_Candelario

Hello,

I have seen some enhancements have been pushed to Qlik Cloud, could you check and let us know if this has improved, so no need to logout and login, just by refreshing the browser the apps should now be visible.

Cheers,

Albert