Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TejaSkvarc
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlik Sense Tracking users session

Hello! 

We are doing the migration from Qlik View to Qlik Sense. In Qlik View we have an app, that displays the data about users sessions like when did the specific user open the specific app, what selections did the user do. We obtained this data by enabling Audit Logging. My question is, can we do that in Qlik Sense. So, is there any way to track users sessions and store this data? 

In the artikel on url https://support.qlik.com/articles/000068428 from 2019/03/15 it's said that we have only limit information in Engine logs, so I am wondering if there is some other way to get this information, like in Qlik View where we had to enable Audit Logging.

Thanks for the answers in advance.

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Vikram_Jayakumar

Hi @TejaSkvarc 

Qlik sense comes with host of inbuilt monitoring apps, Sessions Monitor sounds like something you are looking for. Refer to all of them here Monitoring apps 

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.
TejaSkvarc
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I know about this apps yes, but there are not what I am looking for. An example of data that I am looking: 

user1 at time1 opened app1. 

user1 at time2 made this selections: from field Customer he choose Mr. Doe, from field Year he choose 2021, ... 

user1 at time3 opened sheet1.

user1 at time4 searched in tabel1 for *761120*.

use1 at time5 exported tabel1 into Excel.

use1 at time6 closed app1.

So for each session I want to know that user was doing (which selections he made, what data did he exported, what sheets did he look at, etc.). I searched for this data in Monitoring apps, but didn't find it.