Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Ability to copy mapping within the same ETL set in Compose

jtompkins
Creator
Creator

Ability to copy mapping within the same ETL set in Compose

Currently there is no way to copy a mapping within the same ETL set in Compose. The only way around this would be to duplicate the ETL set. Being able to copy a mapping within the same ETL set would eliminate the need to manually recreate the map when most of the logic remains the same. For example, an ETL set that has identical mappings but has different filters (e.g. on a  different date field in each map). This seems like a very minor lift and I am surprised it isn't an available functionality.

Tags (1)
5 Comments
vtatarnikov
Creator
Creator

I support the idea. This would be very helpful.

TimGarrod
Employee
Employee

Opening this for additional community feedback. 

@jtompkins  a current workaround would be to have an ETL set with only that mapping in it, and duplicate the ETL set (thereby duplicating the mapping). 

Another option would be to export he mappings using the CLI, rename and import. 

A feature for uniform source consolidation was also added that may support what you are looking for.  (The filter condition would have to be coded to be condition (eg CASE WHEN ${SourceSystem} ='X' THEN ...)

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
Pierre_G
Contributor III
Contributor III

I support this 100%

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived