Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. FIND OUT MORE

Ability to turn off AutoSave

WiscoSippi
Creator
Creator

Ability to turn off AutoSave

AutoSave in script editor is a nice feature. However, on large apps, say 2+ GB in-memory space, the speed of saving is very slow, at least in the SaaS client. Disabling AutoSave in a specific app would be a great feature to add. This would allow me to batch my changes without waiting on AutoSave to finish after every single character edit.

“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Tags (2)
8 Comments
jonas_viklund
Contributor III
Contributor III

I agree, it should be possible to disable autosave. When you are doing major changes in the script you want to be able to decide when you're finished and hit Save or hit Cancel to get back to last working script version.

AndrewMcIlwrick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I seem to recall on old thread where the response said this behaviour would not be restored back to what there used to be - but no harm trying so +1.

Even on a client-managed QSEoW server the file share can struggle to keep up with constant script edits.

Manish_Kumar_
Creator
Creator

Can anyone suggest solution to tha same..

1. Is there any way to turn auto save

OR

2. Can we get a alert or some indication when app gets autosaved ..As there is problem with large apps..in script editor we know when app is saved but while doing changes in Frontend ..there is no indication of app being saved ..

Anyone got Any solution?

hoangvvo
Partner - Contributor III

Best work-around:

put all code into text file

use : $(include='lib:\\...') in the app's script editor section

this fix the constant save issue with size of the app about 2.x gb

I use notepad++ with VB/VBS language setting to make it easier to group section of codes using //##Comments and tab within that comment 

hoangvvo_0-1663952723001.png

example of the masterscript.txt

and then each section has their own txt, the first one is the subroutine.xtxt which has some subroutines in it used by the rest.

All code editing is done via txt file, and added to the master script or submaster script it belongs to.

I dont touch the app's editor unless I need to run and pull data/reload data.. etc.

hopefully this helps.

Manish_Kumar_
Creator
Creator

Hey @hoangvvo 

Excellent Work Around for Qlik Sense Scripting part!

But What about FrontEnd , We donot het any indication that Ap is Saved or being Saved on Frontend .

Any ideas to anyone!!

hoangvvo

@Manish_Kumar_  , There's none that I can think of for front end identification if an app has been saved.

Though I would suggest development should be done on a limited set of data on a 'Master' App
and using that Master app, publish all development back to the published main app. The master app can be part of your work enviroment.

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived