Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
This page is no longer in use. To suggest an idea, please visit Browse and Suggest.

Add Support for Bit Data Type in Replicate (SQL Server Target)

zwatkinscovermymeds
Contributor III
Contributor III

Add Support for Bit Data Type in Replicate (SQL Server Target)

A majority of my task in Qlik Replicate consist of a PostgreSQL source replicating to a SQL Server target. If my PostgreSQL source has a boolean data type, replicate converts that to a varchar(5) and I am having to manually go into my target SQL Server databases and convert all the varchar(5) columns to bit. SQL Server then is able to do an implicit conversion when it receives a true/false from Qlik Replicate and convert the value to 1/0. I currently have ~80 task where I am having to do this manual conversion. 

My understanding is that PostgreSQL and SQL Server are mature endpoints for Qlik/Attunity, so I don't understand why I am having to do this manual conversion. Am I the only one with this issue? How has this not been solved already?

Tags (2)
9 Comments
Huey
Employee
Employee

I agree.  This should be added.

seanhawkes
Contributor II
Contributor II

as a customer this looks very interesting and something I could make use of.  Please add

karrasan
Contributor
Contributor

I strongly agree and should be added

Shelley_Brennan
Former Employee
Former Employee

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
Huey
Employee
Employee

bump

zwatkinscovermymeds
Contributor III
Contributor III

This is still an issues. I would love to see this addressed in the next update 🙂 

marina_marshak
Employee
Employee

Thank you for all your feedback, this item is now on our roadmap.

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived