Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
This page is no longer in use. To suggest an idea, please visit Browse and Suggest.

Add support for ApplicationIntent=ReadOnly in MS SQL Server connector

rubenmarin

Add support for ApplicationIntent=ReadOnly in MS SQL Server connector

Hello, some databases are configured to access only in read mode, in particular databases with lots of transactions can have different instances, one of those dedicated for BI products to read from there.

The access to this databases requires to define the connection as ReadOnly, in OnPremise versions we could set this property configuring an ODBC connector in windows:

rubenmarin_0-1664362026654.png

And just use the ODBc connector in Qlik Sense.

In cloud we can't access the ODBC connector so to configure this kind of connection we will need to set this property in the SQL Server connection as we can do in the odbc but I didn't see any way to configure this.

Asking to support the answer was that "The functionality you mention is currently not supported".

Regards.

Tags (2)
3 Comments
JoelCarter
Employee
Employee

Try adding the setting below to the Advanced section of the data connection:

Name: Application_Intent (Note the underscore between Application and Intent) -and-
Value: ReadOnly (No separator between Read and Only)

as shown in the screenshot below. Hope this helps!

JoelCarter_0-1665424326512.png

rubenmarin

Thanks @JoelCarter, it's working.

After some tries combining values on Name and Value without success I openend a question in the community, and without answer I opened a support case and the aswer was: "The functionality you mention is currently not supported. You would need to make a feature request for this please refer to this article", I started the idea because of that.

Meghann_MacDonald

Confirmed by @rubenmarin that this is an acceptable solution and can be closed. 

Meghann

Status changed to: Closed - Already Available