Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
This page is no longer in use. To suggest an idea, please visit Browse and Suggest.

Allow to run automation through a button action from a published app.

lwp89
Contributor III
Contributor III

Allow to run automation through a button action from a published app.

Currently the  buttons does have an option to trigger an automation.

But when the app is published and another user click this button then the automation does not run. (even when the published app owner and the automation owner are the same )

If this becomes reality then the Qlik application will have so much powerful. We can build cool and meaningful automations and allow end users to trigger from the Qlik App.

Tags (1)
8 Comments
PietMichielRappelet
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi @lwp89 

Thanks for sharing. Today a user can only run an automation which he is owner for. We are looking into expanding the sharing and collaborating capabilities for automations. 

Kind regards, 

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
PietMichielRappelet
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Lwp89

Thanks for sharing this feedback.
We are aware of this limitation that you can only run automation you are the owner of).
A current workaround is to use the trigger url (run mode = triggered) - see example https://github.com/rileymd88/automation-trigger 

We are working on improved collaboration and sharing capabilities that will include automations into a shared space allowing users e.g. run automations that they are not owner of.  

Kind regards, 

Piet-Michiel Rappelet
Product Manager Qlik Application Automation. 

Status changed to: Open - On Roadmap
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

Actually I can't see the "Execute automation" option in button actions listbox.

Someone can help me to understand why?

Many thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Meghann_MacDonald

This feature was released last week and all users can now execute an automation regardless of who owns the automation.

@agigliotti the action is in the button object, not listbox. Is this what you see when you create a button?

Meghann_MacDonald_0-1682614350049.png

Status changed to: Delivered
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi @Meghann_MacDonald 

Now i see the "Execute automation" action in the action listbox.

Best Regards

Qlikstu
Partner - Contributor III

I cannot see any new automations (i.e. ones I have recently created) in the button drop down box. I own the automations but I can only select old ones I've created in the past. I have created and saved, refreshed the browser, reloaded the app and nothing. Am I missing something obvious? 

Thanks. 

Meghann_MacDonald

Hi @Qlikstu , this sounds like a bug.

Meghann_MacDonald_0-1683905131568.png

Meghann_MacDonald_1-1683905151393.png

I was able to create a new automation and then go back to the button in my other tab and see it. I did have to refresh the browser before it found the new automations, but I didn't need to have run the automation first, it worked when I duplicated and then refreshed the page. Maybe Qlik Support can help, or it could be a permissions problem? I'm sure you aren't creating the automations with a different user but I can't imagine what could cause that...

Meghann

Qlikstu

Thank you @Meghann_MacDonald - I have tried everything and I guess it must be a bug, I think I've tried everything now! I will contact support to see if they know anything more. Thanks again for your response 🙂