Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Cloud maintenance is scheduled for this weekend May 11-12. View maintenance windows per region here.

Background Image rotation in text and image box

CHansford
Luminary
Luminary

Background Image rotation in text and image box

Hi Folks,

I'm currently developing a weather station application using maps, KPIs and Text boxes in Qlik Sense Cloud.  Whilst I can get an image to rotate on the map, I want to be able to enter a background compass image into a text and image box, have it centralised and then place a digital text representation of the degrees of rotation in the middle.  So far so good, however I would also like the image to dynamically rotate around the middle point  depending on what the direction field/measure  is displaying.

cjhansford_0-1611315613196.png

The ability exists in maps - layer - size and shape - shape - image rotation property, it would be fantastic if this could also be achieved in the Text & image chart

Stay safe,

Regards

CHris

5 Comments
Meghann_MacDonald

Very cool! If I understand, you want to have a static compass background with a rotating overlay? I'm curious to see how you have the image rotate based on the direction - is it a different image entirely depending on the value, or is it actually rotating?

Meghann

CHansford
Luminary
Luminary

Meghann,

In  the Map layers, I can take an arrow image and rotate it round 360 degree so the arrow is always pointing in the direction the  wind is blowing.  I also size the arrow by how strong the wind speed is.

cjhansford_0-1611832479865.png

I'd just like to be able to do the same in a Text & image box.

Regards and Stay Safe

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Thank you for your feedback on ways to improve our product. While this is something we understand would be useful, it's not on the short-term roadmap. Please continue to show your support for this idea.

Thanks,

Patric

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived