Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Compose Live views extremely slow due to many small sequence files in _CT Tables. Provide ability to MERGE seq files or create large files

joelm777
Contributor III
Contributor III

Compose Live views extremely slow due to many small sequence files in _CT Tables. Provide ability to MERGE seq files or create large files

Compose Live views very slow due to large number of sequence files in _CT Tables for real time latency use cases. Provide an ability to MERGE seq files in _CT Table or create large files

Why we need this: with databricks endpoint, we have to set “Change Processing” settings to default 30 seconds and 32 MB for a use case where we need near real time latency when querying live views. Doing so, replicate is creating like 3,600 files in each partition and we are partitioning every hour for the __CT Table. The impact of this is, over time, live views becomes very slow to query due to the large number of files for use cases specifically where we need the tables to have historical data or have high volumes in a short period of time.

Impact:  Slow live views and even though from replicate standpoint we have near real time latency, the live views are so slow that they defeat the purpose of having near real time latency.

Ask: replicate automatically merge the small sequence files once the current partition is closed or any other acceptable manner.

Tags (1)
1 Comment
Tzachi_Nissim
Employee
Employee

Thank you for the suggestion. I understand exactly what you mean, but I do think that this should be opened as a support ticket for Compose. The performance of the live views should not deteriorate over time as long as you keep the same cadence of running the Compose task for actually merging changes into the target. This is likely either a tuning exercise, an issue in the Compose generated live views, or maybe some maintenance needed on the landing, but I don't think what you are suggesting. In any case - this should be in the Compose domain.

Status changed to: Closed - Declined