Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS

Compose for Datawarehouses to use Data Vault 2.0?

bmallary
Contributor II
Contributor II

Compose for Datawarehouses to use Data Vault 2.0?

Compose for Datawarehouses implements the Data Vault 1.0 standard.  Is there a plan to update the product to implement Data Vault 2.0-compliant datawarehouses/data marts?  Specifically, I'm interested in these two DV 2.0 features:

1.  Dimension keys as hashes, rather than integer sequence IDs

2.  Satellite effective date, rather than begin and end dates

4 Comments
Tzachi_Nissim
Employee
Employee

Hi bmallary,

Thank you for your suggestion. Currently support for DV 2.0 is not planned. However - I would be interested in community feedback on DV 2.0 support as a whole, and in specific DV 2.0 features that you would like to see in the product.

Maybe you can start by explaining why you are interested in these two DV 2.0 features.

Regards,

Tzachi

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
bmallary
Contributor II
Contributor II

Tzachi,

I mentioned two DV 2.0 features in my original suggestion post.   

The first, hashes as keys in lieu of sequence IDs, is important because it would allow for faster loading, as an initial first pass to generate the dimension keys is not necessary; the key is a determinate hash, meaning that both the dimension and fact tables can be loaded concurrently.

The second, effective date is lieu of begin and end date, is of lesser importance, but is material because the dimension table would never be updated for Type 2 dimensions.  A change would only necessitate the insert of a new row, not an update to prior row and insert of new row.

As a company, we have a large data warehouse being built per the DV 2.0 standard, and the ultimate goal would be for our existing Compose-generated data marts to eventually follow the same standard.

jtompkins
Creator
Creator

I would also like to see this implemented for the reasons already stated by the original poster.

TimGarrod
Employee
Employee

There are no plans to adjust the Compose data architecture to support DV 2.0 features.   This is under consideration for Qlik Cloud Data Integration

Status changed to: Closed - Declined