Qlik Community

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
QlikWorld 2022, LIVE in Denver CO., May 16-19, 2022. REGISTER NOW TO RECEIVE EARLY BIRD PRICING

Create/Delete/Upgrade Master Item from the script - at least for measure and dimension

simonaubert
Partner
Partner

Create/Delete/Upgrade Master Item from the script - at least for measure and dimension

Hello,

I'm surprised nobody posted this idea before.

I would like to create the master dimension and measure from the script, just like we can create variable. Why?

1/this allows to centralize the master items definition in a file, easy to share between app, etc.
 2/ in script, you can do some check on the consistency of the items with the model, helping to build more robust items.
image.png
Best regards,

Simon

Bi Consultant (Dataviz & Dataprep) @ Business & Decision
Tags (2)
3 Comments
rzenere_methode
Partner
Partner

There is a workaround for this, and it is using SSEs. I'm internally using @rwunderlich 's solution: qcb-qlik-sse 

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Thank you for your feedback on ways to improve our product. While this is something we understand would be useful, it's not on the short-term roadmap. Please continue to show your support for this idea.

Thanks,

Patric

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
ziabobaz
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Patric!

Use there any update on this? This is a very essential feature, i would say it should be included by default. Dozens of app use same master measures. It is getting very hard to support this. Any new app i create gives me a lot of pain - i have to recreate all measures manually.

Thanks