Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
This page is no longer in use. To suggest an idea, please visit Browse and Suggest.

Current selection panel showing the label of the filtered fields instead of the name (case in multilingual dashboard)

deasy_sn
Contributor II
Contributor II

Current selection panel showing the label of the filtered fields instead of the name (case in multilingual dashboard)

Hi,

Currently the "Current selection" panel on Qlik is using the name of the filtered fields instead of the label.

Although on object part we can put specific label for the field (different from the name of the field) but when it's filtered the current selection panel showing the name of the fields. 

It's still acceptable if the our dashboard is in English / Latin characters. 

Currently we are facing non ideal situation when we have our application in Japanese / Chinese (non Latin character) as we have Japanese /Chinese label in the filter object, but in current selection panel (on top on Qlik Sense SaaS) still showing the name of the field instead. This situation is making it the dashboard feel disconnected with the "Current Selection" panel on top, and can confuse some users.

Plus, if we can distinguished the label and the name of the field, we don't need to update our formula each time the field need to change label as we can keep the field name the same for our database / expression formula, but we can display the label as needed for the user instead.

6 Comments
AndrewMcIlwrick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I have a similar idea post on exposing Master Item names instead of the raw data model fields - but it didnt get any R&D traction.

deasy_sn
Contributor II
Contributor II

I am hoping to get traction also, for international use, this is very important I think.

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Thank you all for your feedback on ways to improve our product. While this is something we understand would be useful, it's not on the short-term roadmap. Please continue to show your support for this idea by commenting and liking.

Thanks, 
Patric

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
ThomasKrummenacher
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

This is also a very important function for our customers.

Furthermore, the currently selected selections should also display the correct values under "Selection" and not only as long as a master dimension is not selected.

Selections.png

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived