This field is required.
Only these extensions are allowed(.jpg, .JPG, .jpeg, .JPEG, .gif, .GIF, .png, .PNG)
Tags cannot contain the characters ' /, \\, #, ?, or ; >,< '
Only these extensions are allowed(.zip,.ZIP,.pdf,.PDF,.qvf,.QVF,.qvw,.QVW)
Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.
It's a pain to delete variables created one by one and appreciate if you could delete all variables together.
the best approach for creating variable is to have them in script
You can't delete variables from script, or get a list of all variables from script, so the idea is still very valid.
I agree with the comments above and like to add a view things and specify the requirements more detailed.
The following things are missing and should be asap implemented:
- in the variable dialog in Qlik Sense the possibility to delete all variables (even if they are created in script) or to delete multiple selected variables
- it should be possible to filter the list of variables in Qlik Sense like in QlikView
- even variables created in script (Qlik Sense) should be deletable (at least from the owner of the app)
- it should be possible to view the list of variables (even in published apps) (Qlik Sense)
The Qlik Script Language should be extended in the are of "variable handling":
- it is required to have a function to determine a list of all variables and/or a list of all variables with a certain name pattern (=search expression like WildMatch) over which it is possible to iterate (like in other areas with NoOfTables/NoOfFields + for loop + peek or like in the area of file handling with filelist() + for each). Should be implemented for QlikView and Qlik Sense.
- Commands to delete variables independent of the way they were created/defined (SET/LET). One command for a specific/named variable and one command for ALL variables
The last two points are missing features in Qlik for years now. All community solutions for this points are ugly workarounds.
It would be really hard to delete or even edit variables when you have to change some of them by customer need (usually in projects which contains so many variables).
The way that I found to solve this issue in a project, was using "QS Document Analyzer" to export variables and then export them into excel file.
Then I deleted some which was not needed, and some which should be changed.
Then I used script to load all variables from excel file.
It was not easy! but It helped me to manage variables.
It would be good if there was an option to select multiple variables to edit or delete.
A Drop Variable v_toto ; and Drop Variable * ; should help. A lot.
Thank you all for your feedback on ways to improve our product. While this is something we understand would be useful, it's not on the short-term roadmap. Please continue to show your support for this idea.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.