Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Expand/Collapse a pivot branch

Marcoimp
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Expand/Collapse a pivot branch

It would be great if user could expand/collapse ALL a branch to the end, to the last element (today if I had 5 dimension fields you need to expand element by element)

M.Imperiale
13 Comments
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Thank you all for your feedback on ways to improve our product. While this is something we understand would be useful, it's not on the short-term roadmap. Please continue to show your support for this idea.

Thanks, 

Patric

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
marcel_olmo
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Thanks @Marcoimp for bring me here to the same Subject  I demanded in my post.

Thanks @Patric_Nordstrom as well for your anwer.

In my opinion, I do not understand why there is no "expand all" button and another "expand this column" button, I think that its implementation is very simple, and it would be extremely useful for our clients.

This is the functionality that QlikView had and does not currently have QLik Sense most demanded  by our users.

Cheers, Marcel.

Marcoimp
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Marcel, I totally agree!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Patric_Nordstrom 

Qlik Support pointed me to this feature request, because "Collapse All" is broken for dynamic dimensions in QlikView 12.50SR2. It worked fine in QlikView 12.20SR10

See Support Case 02091302 and Knowledgebase below. According to R&D this is Working as Designed in QlikView 12.50SR2

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000062439

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000072107

Not quite sure if this is the best place to discuss this, as this Feature Request is for Qlik Sense. But Qlik Support wanted me to vote for this Idea.

Pivot Table functionality is critical to most Qlik customers. We can for sure discuss the Qlik Analytics Modernization Program with our customers, but if such basic end user functionality differs between QlikView 12.20, QlikView 12.50 and QlikSense things will get complicated.

Thx,

Roland

Thx,

Roland

SubbuAcharya
Creator II
Creator II

Yes, This feature is very much needed. Many of our users have requested Expand/Collapse feature similar to MS Excel, as shown below

MS Excel  menuMS Excel menu

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

There is another similar older idea, with more likes and comments: 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Ideas/Qlik-Sense-Pivot-table-quot-Expand-collapse-ALL-quot-on-single/i...

Consider like and comment that idea to get more traction.

Thanks,

Patric

Status changed to: Closed - Duplicate
Marcoimp
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Patric,
don't know the way you use to close a discussion but those it's not "older" I write this idea in march 2020.....!!

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Sorry my bad, not older but the other idea has more likes. I will check if we can "transfer" likes from closed ideas.

Thanks,

Patric

Meghann_MacDonald

Hi all, we are now connecting "Duplicate" ideas to their existing open ones, and therefore the likes, views, and comments here will be added to the open idea on the backend. 

Meghann

sttspyrid
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi all,  we desperate need this feature. I used Qlikview nearly 15 years and Qliksense just 2 months. Some very basic and well designed features of  Qlikview  cannot find it in Qliksense. One of this feature is the  Expand/Collapse. I fully agree with SubbuAcharya (as well as with the rest) that many of our users have requested Expand/Collapse feature similar to MS Excel.

Please, please,please include this option as soon as possible!

Best regards,

Thomas