Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Feasibility for restricting number of reports to "Exports / Downloads" in Qlik Sense Cloud Edition.

BharaniPrasadR
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Feasibility for restricting number of reports to "Exports / Downloads" in Qlik Sense Cloud Edition.

Hi Qlik Team,

We're came across a scenario and in need of a Feasibility to limit the number of "Downloads / Exports " per users in Qlik Cloud Edition.

For example, if its Analyzer User we should limit them to download only 5 Reports per day and if its professional User no limits.

Regards,
Bharani.

7 Comments
Andrew_Kruger
Employee
Employee

What is the business rational for controlling the # of native export/downloads by user type?  

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
BharaniPrasadR
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Andrew,

The idea to restricted and have a control over the "Download Reports" feature.

In larger scale, The 'Tenant Admin' can assign number of report that can be download / exported per user for a day.

Thanks,

Bharani Prasad R

Andrew_Kruger
Employee
Employee

I understand the idea - impact would be to the menu option on sheet or chart - download.  I am trying to understand why it is needed.  What drives the quota for an analyzer vs a professional user?  What happens if I am an analyzer and download 3 reports while I experiment with selections and finally get the right one  on the 4th ... but maybe I need more downloads that day for my business workflow.  What business requirement sets the quota for download?  Is it on a per chart/object basis?  

BharaniPrasadR
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Andrew,

The scenario we faced was there are two groups of users in our environment, one is Family users and another one is Non-Family Users. The Non-Family Users are just need to have a look at the charts and insights and there is no need to download data for them but what happens in our scenario is it look to be they're downloading multiple reports which affects our Family Users who need to download the reports and analyse them on Daily Basics. As there are around 14 Non Family Users we can't enquiry each and everyone who is downloading the reports and insists them not to or they can even dodge it by saying they haven't downloaded the reports. If this option is available, the Admin could have the control over the "Download" report options, right !!

Thanks,

Bharani.

BharaniPrasadR
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Andrew,

Please allow me to narrow it down.

By Default, Qlik is allowing to download 100 reports per day (Reporting Services Limit), which is based on the license purchased.

It would be great, if we have a static or dynamic control over the number of report a user can have or at least a static control on license type ( Let's say, Analyzer user can download around 25 report per day (max limit) [Includes all Analyzer user] whereas Professional user can download around 75 report per day (as max limit)  [Includes all Professional user]. And summing it up gives us 100 which is the overall limit.

Thanks,

Bharani.

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived