Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW

Field Setting (Always one selected value) configuration not keep on migration

alex_rosu
Contributor III
Contributor III

Field Setting (Always one selected value) configuration not keep on migration

Dear Qlik Support Team,

I am contacting you regarding a feature that we would like to implement in regards to the Field Setting configuration option (Always one selected value).

Description: Field Setting configuration is not kept when an application is migrated without data (purged) to another environment

Thi feature has been requested based on Qlik Support recommendation in regards to the following case: 00009570: QLIK SENSE FEB 2021: Field Setting configuration not keep on migration:
"When you export an app without data, the Always one selected value is not exported with the app."

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/August2021/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/DataSource/select-sing...

Please find all details regarding our Qlik Sense environment:
Qlik Sense version: February 2021 Patch 2
Environment: All (DEV/UAT/PRD)
qliksenseserver: 14.5.7

Qlik License: 3109650483033961

Thanks in advance.
Alex

4 Comments
AndrewMcIlwrick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
One solution for this ( which I agree is a pain ) is if the property could
be tagged in the reload script. Then in the higher environments you could
re-enable the property as part of a reload.
millerhm
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

This also happens on reload if the field in question for some reason is not loaded (test data, issue in script, data exception, etc) and can break apps in production, so we usually avoid this setting.

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived