Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
This page is no longer in use. To suggest an idea, please visit Browse and Suggest.

Get SSE header value available on On-premise S3 Connector as we have on the Saas

AnsaldiCMA
Contributor II
Contributor II

Get SSE header value available on On-premise S3 Connector as we have on the Saas

Hello,

We tested the new Amazon S3 connector available on May 2022 release but it appears that the SSE header value available on the Saas version is missing and it is a very impactful functionality :

AnsaldiCMA_0-1654779065157.png

We would like to get the same parameters between the Saas and On-Premise as we pretend to use the same bucket by both environments.

Regards,

André Ansaldi

2 Comments
P-O_Davidson
Employee
Employee

Hello,

The value set for server-side-encryption (SSE) is only applicable when uploading data to S3. Therefore this is not available in Qlik Sense for Windows, as using the STORE statement is not supported there. There is an item in our backlog to add this support, but it is not targeted for the near future.

However, the Amazon S3 Connector in the Standalone Web Connectors can be used. The Upload ‘table’ in the connector in the standalone client allows for upload of files. This option also has support for SSE header value. Note that the files must be accessible from the server where the Standalone Web Connectors package is installed, and the FileSystemAccessAllowedPaths parameter must be set in the Web Connectors’ configuration file (see online documentation).

PO_Davidson_0-1655487364572.png

I hope this helps.

/P-O Davidson

Status changed to: Partially Delivered
alwynkfinal2
Contributor III
Contributor III

It's puzzling how difficult it is to store a csv or qvd file on an on-prem Qlik Sense Enterprise implementation and connect to it via cloud.

So the team decided that it's not important that we can store a csv or qvd file into an S3 bucket? This seems like a super useful activity no?

Every day is another day where qlik is trying to convince me to use another BI platform - I've spent hours trying to find a way for a cloud version of qlik to upload data transformed by on prem.

Can't deploy QVD's to qlik SaaS either, can only deploy QVF's and the QVF's can only be in managed spaces.

I'm getting tired of not being able to do basic ETL operations, but it's so restrictive with Qlik that I cannot help but think it's intentional - you guys need to have some internal rule to force users into some sort of acceptable behaviour on the platform.