Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Hidden script

AndrewMcIlwrick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hidden script

QlikView provides this capability so .....

Add a simple Hidden Y/N control icon ( similar to the Data Manager generated lock icon ) that allows the Sense app designer to password protect / hide parts of their script.

Useful not only for people wanting to offer commercial Qlik Sense products, but for partners and even customers where for various reasons parts of the load script need to be hidden from prying eyes such as section access, etc.

I think this is just a UI change in the Script editor, and should have no impact on QIX ?

33 Comments
amni9412
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

I would also agree to have the Hidden Script feature for us developers similar to what we already have in Qlikview.

Hopefully Qlik will consider adding this feature in the next release! As this feature will be very useful for business needs.

aminhashim44
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

I hope Qlik will continue provide this feature in Qliksense. This will help developer to manage their script from external user .

Hopefully this feature will have in next release.

brunodec
Contributor III
Contributor III

Yes please provide the hidden script feature. It proved to work in QlikView so why not in next generation product? Even Excel has means to protect the definition of formulas in cells.

sten_still
Partner - Contributor III

Yess it's such a great beneficial and very useful for the Qlik Sense to have the hidden script. 

Hope to see this feature in the future. 
#QlikSense  QlikView 

AdrianOh
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Is this still part / plan of  Qlik R&D? We are hoping to see this feature ivery soon.

shahidah
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Found it very useful!  Necessary to have this feature to prevent any careless mistakes.

eugeneyip
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

It's been almost two years since this idea was first mooted by Andrew.

Is Qlik even listening (or reading this) ???

Can we have some definite plans for this feature? Cheers.

ongsinhan
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hidden script is a really useful feature. Please bring it to Qlik Sense.  

amni9412
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Not sure if the Hidden Script feature in the Qlik Sense script editor is in the upcoming roadmap for Qlik, but preferably it would be useful to have similar in Qlikview. This can prevent any unwanted edits.

Hoping to see this in latest Qlik Sense release.

fatinfazrizanor

Hidden script is a good feature to add to QlikSense. I hope Qlik would consider it in the next update.