Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Keep formatting on Excel Export

jheasley
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Keep formatting on Excel Export

When exporting a table or pivot table, the cell and value colors should be preserved.  End users develop specifications for how to color these based on operational conditions, and often make selections based on these.  The formatting is a critical part of the actionable insights. 

51 Comments
HelloQlik
Contributor II
Contributor II

Waiting to see update on this much needed

Stanislav_P
Contributor
Contributor

Fully support this request. It's really hard to explain users why they can't extract data in the same view as they see it in the app.

jcad
Contributor II
Contributor II

Not having this type of feature is preventing my organization from wanting to move forward on certain types of reporting products that we've built and their desires to keep the formatting without manually changing anything is resorting to the old ways that we've built certain reports on APIs (not Qlik) that are past end of life cycles that do not enhance the reporting quality and always have tech issues with those applications- making this harder than it needs to be. I would really like for this to be possible so many will want to use Qlik Sense more with our applications as the go-to.

devan9876
Creator
Creator

Yeah this one of the biggest gaps I have noticed between Qlikview and Qliksense. For better or worse, much of our business still lives and dies by Excel spreadsheets so being able to export with conditional formatting in tact is very important.

I would also ask that since In Qliksense there is a more of a push towards extension/widget development that background color and text color be made standard properties and/or have some sort of api that developers can use to customize the formatting of excel exports on extensions/widgets too rather than it being something only the native objects have the capability of doing.

jeanjordaan007
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Can I double like this one please.
matthias_v
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Still one of the remaining missing (needed) functionalities compared to QV

Denis_LI
Contributor
Contributor

Has encountered that issue too and would be effectively great if this could be addressed.

Cross-tables are often used and loosing the colors is a hug drawback.

Andrew_Kruger
Employee
Employee

Improvements to the export of data according to the object formatting are being considered. 

Status changed to: Open - On Roadmap
AG-gugelbisolutions
Creator II
Creator II

Absolutely a must have option!

Andrew_Kruger
Employee
Employee

Qlik Sense on SaaS, Straight Table export, is expected to be preserving cell font & background colors as of late April 2021.   

Status changed to: Partially Delivered