Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW

Keep formatting on Excel Export

jheasley
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Keep formatting on Excel Export

When exporting a table or pivot table, the cell and value colors should be preserved.  End users develop specifications for how to color these based on operational conditions, and often make selections based on these.  The formatting is a critical part of the actionable insights. 

51 Comments
SaaraKorppi
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Amazing! Thank you @martingries for posting these great piece of news! 👏

AG-gugelbisolutions
Creator II
Creator II
Hi there, I recently came across a very good extension: LogiExport.
Mattias_Malré
Employee
Employee

Hello @jheasley 

Would you say that your request has been fulfilled with the latest February 2022 release? 
See notes here: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Technical-Preview/Qlik-Sense-February-2022-What-s-new-Viz-and-Geo/td-p...

I think @Andrew_Kruger is the one responsible for this one. 

Best regards

-Mattias 

jheasley
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

is this available on SaaS yet? i tried this morning and got no formatting. 

Andrew_Kruger
Employee
Employee

Hi @jheasley  - Qlik Sense on SaaS, Straight Table export, is expected to be preserving cell font & background colors as of April 2021. Row totals are not supported at this time but is under consideration.  

jheasley
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

what about if the app is distributed from a lesser version? does it upconvert or preserve lesser functionality? I am distributing from Nov 2021 to SaaS and formatting is not preserved on export. 

rafael_encinas
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hei, @jheasley  , I think @Andrew_Kruger would like to say April 2022.

I installed the February 2022 in my Windows environment  and this option is available

rafael_encinas_0-1646177220596.png

Andrew_Kruger
Employee
Employee

@jheasley  In Qlik Cloud straight tables exports are preserving formatting elements.  You have described a hybrid use case of app created in CM and then promoted to SaaS.  Can I trouble you to log a Support ticket and then DM me the Ticket number.  Thanks in advance. 

sush
Contributor III
Contributor III

@Andrew_Kruger 

Got a question. It would be better if we add an option to preserve the changes while exporting and an option to uncheck if we want to go back to the changes.

For example, if a user wants to export the data for multiple different combinations when they export the data they either want to choose "Table Formatting" or they don't want to choose. Every time when they try to download the data they have to go to this option and download the report to excel. 

Instead, it would be better if we provide an option to preserve the changes for this report so that they no need to get into this option every time when they export. Also, an option to revert it back when required would be beneficial so that if they want to go back to table formatting then they can.

Let me know if we already have this option available if so how can I use it.

If this option is not available is there any work around available for this for the time being.

Trick17
Contributor II
Contributor II
I would add to this.. If a pivot table is exported, it would be good if it keeps the properties of a pivot with expanding and collapsing the hierarchies.