Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Labels for drilldown dimensions

Smaggot
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Labels for drilldown dimensions

Attachments

Hi! 

Labels are great in managing and working with master items. But, the feature is not complete! Currently, one can only add a label to a single-level dimension via the UI in the App/Hub, but not drilldown dimensions (a label per dimension level). We are adding these labels to drilldown dimensions via APIs, but it would be a lot more convenient to be able to do this in the same interface as all other labels are set. 

Adding the labels via API is not only cumbersome, but also vulnerable: if I add labels to a drilldown dimension via API, and afterwards modify the dimension in the HUB, the labels disappear. 

Please, please add a UI and support for this feature in the App/HUB UI! 

Thanks

Heta

8 Comments
pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Agree with you. Actually I create the dimension drill down manually in the dimension property of the object as a workaround.

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Thanks for your feedback on ways to improve our product. While this something we understand would be useful, this is not in our short-term roadmap. Please show your support for this idea by clicking on the "like" button.

Thanks,

Patric

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
alex_nerush
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Must have feature. It will be useful for multi language applications. 

Smaggot
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Alex, couldn't agree more. 

Quite a nice amount of like already. Hope Qlik does something about this. 

amarkow
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hey all, posted on duplicate thread: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Suggest-an-Idea/Dimension-Drill-down-field-name-Labels-in-Qlik-Sense/i...

RE:

So I actually submitted a support ticket on this very thing,.  You can technically use dimension labels if you configure them as a single-dimension first.  It will then carry forward the labeling (or if you use island tables you can select labels based on active "dimensions")

Would love to see this fixed in the product

Freebrush_Hollywood
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thaks for sharing this cool workaround, Alex.

While it does work fine in tables, unfortunetly it still shows the bare field names, when using this in a barchart. (which might be the cause, why this isn't an easy fix for Qlik).

So, a proper implementation of this lost feature would still be very much appreciated.

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived