Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Larger Variables Overview window

T_Schmundt
Contributor II
Contributor II

Larger Variables Overview window

Hi there,

I am using Qlik Sense and I am a fan of speaking variable names in the sheet editor.

Unfortunately, the "Variables Overview" window is quite small and you can see a lot of "..." very quickly when you are using speaking names for variables. The result ist that you always have to click on the corresponding variables first to see which ones are actually involved. This is particularly unpleasant if the variables only differ in the last part of the name.

Wouldn't it be possible to display the window with a relative width or a larger fixed width than the current one?

What is your opinion about that?

Many thanks in advance.

Greetings from Germany, Tobias Schmundt

4 Comments
AndrewMcIlwrick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Great suggestion - you may wish to tag yours here as I believe R&D are working on improvements ...... https://community.qlik.com/t5/Suggest-an-Idea/Variables/idi-p/1645059.

Meghann_MacDonald

Hi all, I will not close this as a duplicate because it is a unique idea outside of @AndrewMcIlwrick 's post. However, I believe the likes and comments here are also relevant to the discussion in that post, so I will connect the posts in our backend app. Thank you for the submission!

Ongoing Idea Regarding Variables: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Suggest-an-Idea/Variables/idi-p/1645059.

Meghann

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Thanks for the feedback, we are looking to improve the variable UI.

Thanks,

Patric

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Hi

The variable UI was updated in Feb 2022 CM release and in SaaS . New features include larger UI, hover over for longer variable names/definition search, duplicate variable and bulk delete.

Thanks for using ideation

Ian

Status changed to: Delivered