Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
This page is no longer in use. To suggest an idea, please visit Browse and Suggest.

Make Themes Editable Through Dev Hub

robert88
Contributor III
Contributor III

Make Themes Editable Through Dev Hub

I (ab)use dev-hub to edit my themes in QlikSense (Enterprise). It works perfectly as is, it just needs exposed in the UI. This allows me to rapidly iterate on CSS without relying on browser dev tool tweaking or tedious zip file uploads. Please expose it in the UI, and please don't "fix" my workaround haha.

To explain further, if you have the name of your custom theme and enter the URL <qlik-server>/dev-hub/extension-editor/#qext{<theme-name>}, you are able to edit the theme files directly.

[Reposted to the correct forum at the request of Sue Macaluso]

2 Comments
jedibub
Creator
Creator

Hello Robert,

unfortunatly your Hack <qlik-server>/dev-hub/extension-editor/#qtext{<theme-name>} does not work for me. Is there anything other to know about the link syntax?

jedibub
Creator
Creator

Okay,

hier is a second working procedure:
(agreed that edit in the dev-hub would be much more comfortable - when working 😞 )

1. Copy Your Theme-Folder from ../StaticContent/ Extensions into a for example ../StaticContent/development/Your-Theme-Folder

2. Edit the Theme files for example with the windows-Editor

3. For looking at the theme copy Your theme-files to a Your-Theme-name.zip file.

4. Delete the Theme bei using the extension-folder of QMC

5. User Import from this extension-QMC part and import Your Zip-File
    (Okay, Your Theme will not be shown in Extension-QMC after import - You have
     to wait one day for actualisation. But next day you will see it in the list. And - naturally
     You can configer Your app with it at once)