Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Master Visualizations - add option to resize column width

Alex_Madjarov
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Master Visualizations - add option to resize column width

Currently it is impossible to edit the column width of a master visualization. This is basic functionality that should be available.

Please add an option for this!

18 Comments
timea21
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Sense, this is a very basic request, please add asap!

Charles_Alter-SI
Contributor II
Contributor II

It's so basic, I really don't understand that it's not seen as a bug and corrected in a patch. This is typically the kind of frustration that make me recommend Power BI to my customers ! 

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Thank you for your feedback on ways to improve our product. While this is something we understand would be useful, it's not on the short-term roadmap. Please continue to show your support for this idea.

Thanks,
Patric

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
thomasc
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

@Patric_Nordstrom we are building standard financial report like chart of account by row and scenario & year by column. (around 12 columns) It is difficult to resize the table (make it more compact) to view all data.

It is very good if Qlik Sense provide resize column function that could help us to make dashboard

MichelLalancette

I'm trying really hard to make reusable stuff but these kinds of things make it very annoying and even harder for our power users (vs me, a full-time dev) to work on the apps we create.

Reuse of master items inside others was a big step forward but you gotta keep adding quality of life stuff.

francesco_menin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I can't believe this is still open, almost a year after, many customers cannot get nice and clean visualizations because of this.

PedroC
Contributor II
Contributor II

This is not just 'usefull', it's a severe limitation that should be taken seriously by Qlik.

It's normal to find this king in limitations when new functionalities are developed but this can never be considered a 'works as designed' or an 'improvement' of the product.

It is something that was not taken into account by mistake or omission.

Please, keep your customers in mind

rupalimane1390
Contributor III
Contributor III

why did Qlik stopped many table properties provided by qlikview in qliksense 😕 Especially the table properties. Why do we always need to for extension. basic resizing properties should be provided with defualt objects only. Very disappointed with Qliksense for visualization because much more options were available in qlikview (mainly custom cells)

pabloviera
Creator
Creator

This feature is really needed. sometimes you notice, after using the master object, that one of the columns is too narrow or wide and there's no way to fix that.

rupalimane1390
Contributor III
Contributor III

@pabloviera - Indeed, I am trying to fix this in theme.css. Let'c if I am able to crack it.