Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!

Open mashup from HUB

raphaelc
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Open mashup from HUB

Idea:

Allow developers, in "application options", select:

Open App:

- Native mode (defalt)

- Mashup mode (add link)

At HUB and published App, when user clicks in App, open App Mashup link html.

Or at "detail" App option, add: Open Mashup

The value proposition for the idea

Easy and default centralized link to mashup

Tags (3)
3 Comments
mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

I agree, this would be nice to have as a feature built into the hub.

Btw, you mention mashups so I assume you are thinking of the client-hosted product, i.e. Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows (QSEoW).

Now, as mashups are accessed via their URLs, what you want to do is essentially to open a URL from somewhere in the hub. 
Lacking a built-in feature for this I have instead solved it by using a reverse proxy (Traefik in my case) in front of QSEoW.
The effect is that you can have placeholder apps in any stream in the hub. When a user clicks those placeholder app the request will go through the reverse proxy (as ALL Sense traffic goes through that reverse proxy). The reverse proxy identifies the request as a mashup opening request, and redirects the user to the mashup URL.

Might sound complicated but once you look at the config files etc you realise there's just a dozen or so config items. And you need a reverse proxy of course. Traefik is open source and runs on everything from Kubernetes to Raspberry Pi - with Windows Server supported too, of course.

I wrote a blog post about this a while back, all details there:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/App-Development/HOWTO-Open-any-web-link-from-within-a-Qlik-Sense-strea...

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived