Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Parquet File Connector

mehmet_gencsoy
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Parquet File Connector

Currently on Azure we are not able to directly load Parquet Files to QS.

We need additional tools like Apache Drill. So it will be a very needed feature to be able to load the data directly.

Tags (1)
32 Comments
Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
domanskij
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Yes we need this as well. Especially parquet files are currently more often used in the Cloud when using Databricks.

This will be a huge disadvantage in the Cloud againgst PowerBI. Power BI will get this possibility to load parquet files next month.

jfitz_chicago
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Agreed. We have prospects starting to ask about Parquet files. This would be a great addition - cloud and on-premise.

FrancoisP
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

CDATA provides SQL-based Access to Parquet through ODBC driver
QlikView is named in the list of solutions that can use the driver. I suppose QlikSense too?

https://www.cdata.com/drivers/parquet/odbc/download/

parkera
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Got my vote too. Have access to new tools that create parquet files from various ERP suites,  but cannot directly load to Qlik. The connector would therefore be great. 

mkl
Employee
Employee

Hi all, yes I have also customers who have asked for Parquet files connectivity especially when Qlik SaaS connectivity is in question. So I give my votes too to this idea.

mehmet_gencsoy
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Any updates?

BR

Mehmet

amrenova
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Required feature

Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Open - On Roadmap
AlexOmetis
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

@Ian_Crosland - great to see this is on the roadmap now - are you able to clarify if this is for Qlik Sense SaaS, Qlik Sense Client Managed, both or something else (e.g. App Automation / QDI)?