Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW

Powerful master library (Grouping)

prinzchristian
Partner - Contributor III

Powerful master library (Grouping)

It should definitely be possible to group the master library in the area of dimensions and key figures.

This function would be very helpful to me as a developer and is also constantly requested by our customers -> especially with regard to the topic of self service, this would create considerable added value

6 Comments
John_Teichman
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hello @prinzchristian,

Thanks for your idea submission. Can you provide more detail to the idea? I am not completely sure what the idea is describing.

Thanks,

prinzchristian

Hello @John_Teichman,

many thanks for your quick feedback! 😊
With pleasure I try to refine the whole question or idea once more. 

So our idea is to subdivide the Dimensions and Metrics section in the Master Library into several folders for a better overview and usability.

Concretely as an example:
There is the area of key figures:
There you might find the folders: Sales, Margin, Order, Personnel etc.
The same for the dimensions there, it might also be useful to display each data table automatically, which can then be overwritten manually in other folders such as Personnel, Order or Customer

I hope the idea or requirement has become a bit clearer 🙂

Greg_Williams
Employee
Employee

Not sure if related or not but there is a request to have the Master Dimensions and Measures be updateable. When a change in a master dimension or measure occurs, it propagates the change throughout: the linked expressions (charts, text objects, kpi's, etc.) and throughout other apps. 

Having the ability to create something once and re-use throughout other apps is the key to this as well.

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Thank you for your feedback on ways to improve our product. While this is something we understand would be useful, it's not on the short-term roadmap. Please continue to show your support for this idea.

Thanks,

Patric

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived