Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. FIND OUT MORE

QLIK HUB WELCOME TO QLIK SENSE LEARN THE BASICS ANALYZE SAMPLE DATA has inverted description.

CNJ_User
Contributor II
Contributor II

QLIK HUB WELCOME TO QLIK SENSE LEARN THE BASICS ANALYZE SAMPLE DATA has inverted description.

Attachments

In the QLIK Sense home page for the free trial, known as the HUB page, in section Learn the Basics, the wording of the description of Analyze Sample Data reads as follows, "Experience data to insights."  That statement does not make sense.  For a new user, that statement impedes their ability to understand.  Correct this.  Change the wording to, "Experience insights to data."  That correction would be more intelligible to new users and would encourage their progress.  I am sure this is what Qlik meant to say in the first place.  Please make this correction.

9 Comments
AlexOmetis
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

I think it is as they intend it, although I agree it could be read two ways.

I'd read "Experience data to insights" as "Experience going from data to insights"

If you were to switch it round, I'd say "Experience insights from data" probably. 

CNJ_User
Contributor II
Contributor II
Alex,
As a new user, I expect Qlik to make their point here, succinctly and accurately.
I feel the current wording is unclear and blocks progress.
Deep explanations do not fit with a one-line description. Improved wording is the remedy.
My suggestion takes no more words than currently in use, and they make more sense.
Deeper insights can be provided during the tutorials.
Let's not belabor the point any further.
Thanks,
CNJ_User
Digvijay_Singh

OR

"Buckle your seatbelt and Experience the journey from data to insights." 😊

CNJ_User
Contributor II
Contributor II
Careful with those flourishes, seller must make their point quickly.
Any analysis of data is to provide insight. That is not news.
Analysis is the entire reason for programming anyway.
Insights to data communicates directly. It is not an incorrect statement.
Data to insights reads like a mistranslation from another language or outright mistake during transcription of the message.
Thanks,
CNJ_User
Meghann_MacDonald

Hi all, I will bring this to the teams attention. We are prioritizing mapping out the onboarding experience and ensuring we are clear and informative at every stage. Thanks for the callout!

Meghann

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
CNJ_User
Contributor II
Contributor II
Its about time! Thanks, Meghan!
Meghann_MacDonald

Hi all, we are re-doing the "Analyze Sample Data" tour and will make these changes, as well as update it for modern Insight Advisor Behavior. 

Meghann

Status changed to: Open - In Development
Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived