Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
This page is no longer in use. To suggest an idea, please visit Browse and Suggest.

QMC Tasks: Tree view of task chain

Anonymous
Not applicable

QMC Tasks: Tree view of task chain

Current QMC Tasks list only allows for seeing the preceding and following tasks of a specific task.

A tree view would be more helpful.

If there is an app for this the idea can be closed.

16 Comments
Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee
Status changed to: Delivered
phima
Contributor II
Contributor II

This looks fantastic. Any plans to bring this to QlikSense for Windows?

Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Hi

Qlik Application Automation is a SaaS based feature set, no current plans to backport to the Windows environment

Thanks

Ian

mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

@Ian_Crosland  Are we really talking about the same thing here...?

I believe the (very valid) suggestion was about visualising how existing tasks are chained together. Maybe in a tree structure, maybe using some other visualisation type.

Qlik Application Automation is - as far as I understand - about setting up reload chains in Qlik SaaS. Some basic level of visual coding needed to do this. As much as I really like Qlik Automation, more programming skills are needed to set up task chaining there compared to older QV and QS products. 
Not a problem per se, but it's not super trivial. The linked tutorial is very useful though!

But then again - we could really use a task visualisation built into good ol' on-premise Sense too...

antose
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi!

Check my solution and vote up the idea. Would like to have similar in the STD Reloads Monitors

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Suggest-an-Idea/New-taskchains-sheet-ide-for-Reloads-Monitor-std/idi-p...

miha_pucelj1
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi, 

I'm supporting the idea of "Task Tree Visualisation" 110% in client-Managed Environments. 

In case of Large Enterprise Environment I just cannot imagine how to migrate and recreate several hundred tasks with a lot of parallelism currently running in QlikView on multi node Publisher environment via existing QMC's task console. 

I support development in cloud world but the large environments will stay on premise for a long(er) time and development of client-managed QlikSense should continue in order to be able to switch from QV to QS completely.