Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT

QS: Horizontal Filter Pane

Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

QS: Horizontal Filter Pane

Hello everyone,

in QlikView it was possible to arrange a listbox horizontally to display a calendar year or the calendar months.

Unfortunately Qlik Sense does not offer this possibility, only with the help of extensions. But this function should become a standard function of the filter box.

Thanks

calendar.png

24 Comments
Shubham_D
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi @Patric_Nordstrom Any update on this?

Jeppe
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

I would also like to see this feature as baseline.

philipdoyne
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

This was largely done (years ago?) in the "bi-era list box" extension which seems to have disappeared.  Surely it cannot be hard.  The presentation is already there in the Variables Object.   Please can you look at this.  Philip

BertVanImpe
Contributor III
Contributor III

This idea is over two years old now, any chance it would get on the roadmap?

Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

@BertVanImpe  I think Qlik is currently focusing on functionalities that can be marketed well, among other things. Extensions like these, which are standard in QlikView, are unfortunately not given the highest priority here.

RadovanOresky
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

This is like super-important for creating compact design and nice look-and-feel. Easy clickable filters on top and responsive content below is something people are very familiar with from casual web browsing = will increase user adoption of Qlik.

Clicking on a filter pane to show the list of options that one must select is one click too many for dimensions with less than 12 values (actually 10 but that would exclude months which are also often a top level selection so I wrote 12 😉 ).

Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

@Meghann_MacDonald Yes, the idea is similar, but this linked idea was created much later than mine.

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Open - In Development
Meghann_MacDonald

Hi @Danijel , thank you, yes that idea is the duplicate of this one, added the link in the comments to further support this post!

Meghann