Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Qlik Data Transfer - Edit data connection

Florentin74
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qlik Data Transfer - Edit data connection

Hi,

I am sure you already have this on the road-map. But it would be nice if one could edit the "Data connection" and select or deselect tables and fields.

Regards,

Anders

11 Comments
Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
uligorio
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

@Florentin74 - I completely agree with you. This week @Jamie_Gregory posted a good summary about the Qlik DataTransfer  utility and I put in evidence that if you had to modify a data connection you have to start from scratch. Such a feature ( Editing a data connection) would be much appreciated.

Qlik Support answered to Jamie that "you could edit the connection in the following location: C:\ProgramData\Qlik\DataTransfer\DataUpload\storage\datasets.json" ...

but I think this could be extremely difficult and risky

They also suggested to submit and idea here in Ideation but I found you proposed the same subject almost 6 months ago. So I'm supporting your idea hoping in a more easy way to update a data connection in the future.

Carl_Hunter
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

I have a support ticket open re not being able to amend data connections, ref 02196472. They suggested posting and idea as editing connections is not standard functionality and would need to be requested as a new feature. In my opinion, its a bug. 

Alastair_Ometis
Partner - Contributor III

In my opinion having the ability to edit the connection is a necessary feature. If you have complex needs  then deleting and recreating the connection each time isn't a great work around. 

AndyTSG

Editing the data connection is definitely needed, as I recently created a connection for multiple fields in multiple tables only to find during UAT that I needed further data. Having to recreate the connection for all the data was a huge amount of time wasted for what would have been a 2 minute amendment had that option been available. This is a massive oversight.

Puffet
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

One year on and still no joy

P-O_Davidson
Employee
Employee

This is not something we will deliver. The Qlik Data Transfer Tool will not get any further significant updates.

The Qlik Data Services will provide enhanced support for the same use cases. It includes the addition of the Hybrid Data Delivery Service with support for cloud data sources, and the upcoming Qlik Data Gateway which will provide secure direct access (via reverse proxy) to data behind a firewall or in private cloud.

Status changed to: Closed - Declined
uligorio
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Thanks for the news @P-O_Davidson 

unfortunately there is a slight difference between a free tool "embedded" in the SaaS license and additional products you have to buy. I understand the commercial logic behind but I think this will limit, in part, the Qlik Sense SaaS adoption especially for small customer.

Ola_Mayer
Employee
Employee

Actually we will have a solution that will address the requirement above before the end of this quarter  and it will be included in your Cloud entitlement - Qlik Cloud Data Gateway - Direct Access.

It will allows Qlik Sense SaaS applications to securely access on-premises data via  reverse SQL tunnel established via the data gateway.

You will be able to learn more about it during Qlik World.

Status changed to: Open - In Development
Vegar
MVP
MVP

I support this idea. 

Being able to edit the query would help a lot when managing the QDT. 

I have I also see the need of being able to copy the queries used. I have a client upgrading their source system and the vendor want to know which queries we are using on their system through the QDT. That is not trivial question to answer  when the query part is not available after the job is created.