Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW

Qlik Data Transfer - script edition

slribeiro
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qlik Data Transfer - script edition

Hi. I believe it would be important to release a script editor for Qlik Data Transfer for 3 reasons:

1-Easier way for select which fields to upload for Saas

2-Removal Precendent Load

3-Allow saving variables for incremental load

12 Comments
AlexOmetis
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

We use Qlik Sense Desktop to edit scripts and do some of those things and then either save the QVDs out and upload with Data Folders or let it upload the resulting tables as QVDs to the cloud. 

That said, I think an edit button on the Data connections is rather important - you can't even add fields to a table you've selected at the moment!

And yes, it could be nice to write a custom query in there rather than using QSD I guess. 

Carl_Hunter
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Qlik Sense Desktop can only be installed on a Client machine, rather than a Server. If this restriction was lifted, then it would negate the need to add scripting into QDT. 

However, looking at how QDT is installed, its just a cut down version of QSD anyway - can we not combine these efforts into one solution? You can only use QDT with a valid SaaS tenant anyway, so the "risk" of using it to "subvert" the licensing model is moot?

Carl_Hunter
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Support have asked me to comment on this idea, in ref to support case 02196472. 

Not being able to edit the Load in Data Transfer is a bug to me, its not a feature request to be able to edit a configuration setting, surely? 

Alastair_Ometis
Partner - Contributor III

I agree @Carl_Hunter , really need to edit the connection. this is a big pain point re data transfer in the new logo development we have been doing lately. And tbh Qlik DataTransfer , which is otherwise great and a much needed tool, is let down by the omission of this critical feature

AndyTSG

Being able to edit the connection is definitely a requirement in QDT and would alleviate the necessity to load data you may need and just load data you currently need. 

fmarvnnt
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Backup and restore would be also a good reason for..

Ola_Mayer
Employee
Employee

Hello,

We are planning to incorporate QDT into Qlik Cloud data services.

Once it is done the 'new QDT' will inherit functionality you are requesting above.

Status changed to: Open - On Roadmap
slribeiro
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

That sounds great, and I agree it will solve my concerns related with QDT.

Can't wait for that... Any specific quarter for that release?

PabloLabbeImaps
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi @Ola_Mayer , there is any update about ?

Carl_Hunter
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

I've not heard/seen any updates re incorporating QDT into data services. Can you provide and update and timeline for this? @Ola_Mayer