Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Qlik Replicate - S3 Replication Task Type (plus dynamic folder vars)

mp-sf
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Replicate - S3 Replication Task Type (plus dynamic folder vars)

(( See Also:  Qlik Replicate - S3 Endpoint - Dynamic Folder Name - Qlik Community - 2019934 ))

Create an S3 Replication Profile option during New Task creation, where the Target Endpoint data would be treated more like files instead of Database Schema/Table/Column/etc... fields, and the Target Endpoint itself would simply be a pointer to a top level directory.

For example, in an S3-Replication-Profile task, I would select the Source Schema/Tables/Columns - but in the S3 Task type, instead of "Map to target table" it would have "Map to Folder" options (that would include the capability to add a dynamic formula field- ie: DATE).

mpsf_0-1672246773480.jpeg

IE:

• Target Endpoint S3 Bucket Name = my-s3-bucket-name
  • Target Endpoint S3 Target Folder = dir1/dir2/dir3/subfolder
  • S3 Replication Task Settings Option:  Target Folder = {DATE_VAR}
    •  mpsf_1-1672246773640.jpeg

• -or, less desirable, a setting within each Table Mapping of each Replication Task-
    • Target Subfolder Name (instead of Table Schema/Table Name fields) = {DATE_VAR}
    • mpsf_2-1672246773475.jpeg

Would result in:

• Full Path (from 12/25/2022) = my-s3-bucket-name/dir1/dir2/dir3/subfolder/12-25-2022/table_name/fileload00001.parquet
  • Full Path (from 12/26/2022) = my-s3-bucket-name/dir1/dir2/dir3/subfolder/12-26-2022/table_name/fileload00001.parquet

Thanks for your time!

-mp

2 Comments
Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived