Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Qlik SaaS: Ability to Tag all Records in Management Console

parkera
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Qlik SaaS: Ability to Tag all Records in Management Console

In SaaS groups only work if identify management is on. Groups however are managed using polices that are distinct from the SaaS environment. Within the basisc Management Console there is no current way to report using meta data that allows records to be joined (associated :)).

What would be good, and ideal for those that do not have adequate IDP tools is to have every SaaS management console admin entry to have the option to add Tags. And those Tags to be managed within the management console item via a button. Currently some tags do persist, but these need to be included during creation of a distinct record. And cannot be edited afterwards. (Frustrating).

Benefits:

Tags as meta data allow the business to review the use of SaaS for many operational reasons. and analysis 
Further, Qlik Analytics and Qlik CLI can then be used to run all kinds of reporting using tags. Keeping many a sys admin person /auditor happy.

Eg All entries in the Management Console should have tags (where appropriate).

parkera_0-1607509282272.png

Users: Currently no Tag field (only Roles, and this is hard coded). 

License (NA)

Spaces:  Currently no Tag Field - This would be good for all kinds of use cases

Alerts: Currently no Tag Field - This would be good for all kinds of use cases 

Schedules: Currently no Tag Field - This would be good for all kinds of use cases 

Events: (NA)

Apps: Currently no Tag Field - This would be good for all kinds of use cases 

Generic Links: Currently no Tag Field - This would be good for all kinds of use cases 

Extensions: Currently Has Tag Field - But cannot be edited once record created (without re-creating the record)

Themes: Currently Has Tag Field - But cannot be edited once record created (without re-creating the record)

API: Currently no Tag Field - This would be good for all kinds of use cases 

CSP: Currently no Tag Field - This would be good for all kinds of use cases 

WEB: Currently no Tag Field - This would be good for all kinds of use cases 

Settings: NA

IP: NA

Trust this makes sense.

Adrian

4 Comments
AndrewMcIlwrick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I found several use cases for this today. I wanted to tag certain users and apps to assist server governance. This would add huge flexibility to the product. You can "tag" data via vocabulary, but at a higher level of apps, spaces and users tagging would simplify the tenant admin's role. Easy to implement ?

Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

@parkera & @AndrewMcIlwrick thanks for sharing the idea with us and I'm changing the status to "On Roadmap" as overall we are constantly working on improving the UX within the Management Console and we do have better sorting and filtering options on our list. So basically for now the answer is yes, this is something we do consider but I can't give you an estimate right now about how easy it is to add and so to speak how long it takes to deliver it. Will update the thread as soon as possible.

Let me / us know if you have any follow up questions.

Best regards,

Thomas 

Status changed to: Open - On Roadmap
Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived